CleanBeachOC $2 Fundraiser – That’s it, just $2, and YOU can make all the difference in the world… Well, primarily Ocean City MD, but for some of us it is our whole world & we hope it’s an important part of your world too!
During 2019 #CleanBeachOC cleaned up over 11,000 lbs of trash off the beaches, streets & bays of Ocean City MD, but this is NOT enough…
As an example, go to any major city near where you live, clean up one city block, then go back the next week to the same block, the odds are you’ll have to clean up that block again. Here in Ocean City it’s not quite that bad, but as you can see from the photos from the last 4 years of our #CleanBeachOC we clean up 100’s of pounds of trash every, yes, every week! Cleaning up is NOT enough…
Here’s What We’re Going To Do With Your $2…
- We are going to buy the supplies we need – Trash Bags, Disposable Gloves, Grabbers, etc.
- We are going to work with local science teachers to sponsor science contests at local schools to assist our youth in thinking of creative to help solve environmental challenges
- We would, also, like to take this challenge to local boy & girls scouts, & other youth organizations
- Attend local expos & fairs to present alternatives to products we are currently using & encourage people concerned about our environment to help clean their neighborhoods
- Help educate people on what environmental priorities we need to focus on
- Lay the foundation for a scholarship fund for a student studying environmental sciences, 2020 goal is a $1,000 scholarship
Here’s What We Need
- Just a $2 donation from you
- Volunteers for our weekly #CleanBeachOC cleanups
- Volunteers to assist with working with our local schools & organizations with our science contests
- One part-time employee to help coordinate all our activities, help put together presentations & find and apply grants
#CleanBeachOC – The Cleanest Beach In America Project
According to the United Nations World Environment Report 2019 the top 4 environmental challenges, in order, that we face today are:
- Air Pollution
And, the Number 1 Environmental Challenge, Deforestation, will cause between 10,000 and 100,000 species to become extinct each year (read more)!
We Need Our Youth To Start Focusing on Environmental Studies
Here are just some of the jobs that are in demand…
- Environmental Scientist.
- Environmental Lawyer.
- Environmental Engineer.
- Conservation Scientist.
We need our youth to learn about these opportunities & what they can accomplish in these fields!